Quality Monitor is a a handset-based quality monitoring system designed to crowdsource quality measurements from smartphones, tablets and other Wi-Fi enabled devices.
Quality Monitor provides:
- Quality: Real-time monitoring of network quality
- User experience: Measurement of Web, VoIP, and Video user experience
- Network intelligence: Comprehensive Wi-Fi and mobile analytics and reporting
Measuring wireless quality based on signal strength is like selecting a highway based on the number of lanes – it works well when there is no traffic, but if the highway is congested you end up with slow speeds. Smartphone users use the number of “bars” to determine network quality, and then are frustrated when the network doesn’t work as expected – because these bars completely ignore the amount of congestion. Quality Monitor incorporates true end-to-end quality measurements representative of application performance to explain to users which applications will work on each network.
Pravala Quality Monitor is available as both a standalone application that can be completely customized, or as a WAM SDK that can be integrated into an existing mobile application.
How is Quality Monitor Different?
Pravala’s Quality Network Score (QNS) technology is a true representation of network experience for user application. Using ITU standards to measure the performance of Web, VoIP, and Video over wireless networks, it reflects wireless, backhaul and core network quality – not just signal strength.
This quality data is then uploaded to the Pravala quality server for detailed reporting and analytics, allowing administrators to identify when application problems are actually network problems, and operators obtain quality-based coverage maps that identify capacity and performance issues in real time – without needing to send out a technician.
- Quality monitoring: Global network quality understanding based on crowdsourced user measurements
- User experience: Beyond measurements to actual user experience, WAM reports how well web, video, and VoIP work for users
- Real-time reporting: Web-based reports with REST/JSON query interface
- Carrier Agnostic: Runs over to of all wireless networks without network integration – measure competitor and roaming networks
- Multi-platform: Supports Android, iOS, and Windows with self-hosted on-site or cloud management
- Lightweight client: Small application, low data usage, minimal battery use
- Standards compliant: Compatible with Hotspot 2.0, ANDSF, WISPr, and ITU G.107/G.1070/G.1030 industry standards
- Complete customization: Branded operator application, or use the Quality Monitor SDK for integration into existing apps
- Upgrade-ready: Quality Monitor can be upgraded to WAM to apply network policies that automatically put the user on the best available network
- Monitor regulatory policies
- Identify areas of concern to advocate
- Gather independent network statistics
- Inform new regulation and incentives
- Promote network quality
- Focus resources on areas of user frustration
- Compare coverage with competitors
- Optimize network via automatic Wi-Fi offload
- See operator that is best for work/home
- Explain why network is not working
- Inform operator of poor performing areas
- View hotspot locations